Serve our members by providing practitioners with the knowledge, skills and tools to promote effective corporate governance for the benefit of boards, management and shareholders.
The Association of Corporate Governance Practitioners Nigeria offers four key products and services, and these are: - membership to the association, courses and syllabus evaluation, corporate governance events, and youth leadership development programme.
The role of the association is to provide the tools, resources and networks to enable the following people to carry out their role in the most effective way.
- Practitioners who work in the many different professional disciplines represented by the governance function
- Board members who all have a governance responsibility
- Governance Consultants who provide a wide range of governance services
The association provides professional qualifications, short courses and events at a range of levels from introductory to expert, and has a key objective to expand the range of interest in the governance practice
Practitioners become members by election, induction and sitting professional examinations (or seeking the required exemptions) and demonstrating relevant practical experience and agreeing to the ethical standards and values of the association.
The association promotes the significance and importance of good governance to the success of all organisations operating in the private, public and third sector.
Our aspiration is to achieve national recognition of ‘The ACGP’ and to establish the Governance Practitioner’s contribution to better corporate governance practice. We aim to do this by the development of a compelling evidence base and raising the profile of governance as a discipline acting as a voice for governance.
We will forge strong networks and engage with bodies in the following areas:
- The Government
- Industry, directors and boards across all sectors
- The national and international standards bodies
- The media
To Build a Strong and Reliable Brand synonymous with Quality
We aspire to build a strong brand for ACGPN in two key areas:
Excellence in service and course content offered - we want to build a strong reputation for quality in our offerings, by providing the highest standards in course content for our students, and ensuring we are comparable and better then our peers, by providing a high standard of service to our members and customers.
To Develop the Governance Practitioner Role
We aspire to establish the governance practitioner qualification, membership to the body, and ongoing professional development within Nigeria. We also intend to raise membership of the ACGPN and its certification by doing the following:
- Increasing the engagement with employers to promote the ACGPN and its offerings
- Encourage all employers to have at least 2 Corporate Governance Champion (CGC) in their organization by enrolling them as member of ACGPN
- Increasing take up of our Governance Practitioner qualifications, and programmes
- Broadening ACGP membership to more accurately reflect Nigeria industry sectors
- Growing of professional development and the exchange of best practice within the association
- Engage and develop the next generation of board leaders